Darajat: Jurnal Pendidikan Agama Islam published by by the program studi Pendidkan Agama Islam (PAI) Fakultas Tarbiyah dan Ilmu Keguruan Institut Agama Islam Tarbiyatut Tholabah (IAI TABAH) Lamongan. The scientific code of ethics statement is a statement of the code of ethics for all parties involved in the scientific journal publication process, namely managers, editors, reviewers, and writers. This scientific publication code of ethics statement is based on LIPI Head Regulation Number 5 of 2014 concerning the Scientific Publication Code of Ethics, which essentially upholds three ethical values in publication, namely (i) Neutrality, namely being free from conflicts of interest in publication management; (ii) Justice, namely granting authorship rights to those entitled to be authors/writers; and (iii) Honesty, namely free from duplication, fabrication, falsification, and plagiarism (DF2P) in publications.
Duties and Responsibilities of Journal Managers
- Determine the name of the journal, scientific scope, periodicity, and apply for accreditation if necessary.
- Determine the membership of the editorial board.
- Define the relationship between the publisher, editor, reviewer, and other parties in a contract.
- Respect confidential matters, both for contributing researchers, authors/writers, editors, and reviewers.
- Implement norms and provisions regarding intellectual property rights, especially copyrights.
- Review journal policies and submit them to authors/writers, board of editors, reviewers, and readers.
- Create guidelines for rules and ethical behavior for editors and reviewers.
- Publish journals regularly.
- Guarantee the availability of funding sources for the continuation of journal publication.
- Building a collaborative network of research institutions and related agencies
- Preparing permits and other legal aspects.
Editor Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet the needs of readers and writers,
- Endeavor to improve the quality of publications in a sustainable manner,
- Implement a process to ensure the quality of published papers,
- Prioritize freedom of expression objectively,
- Maintain the integrity of the author's academic track record,
- Delivering corrections, clarifications, and apologies when necessary,
- Responsible for the style and format of writing scientific papers, while the contents and all statements in the paper are the responsibility of the author,
- Actively solicit the opinions of writers, readers, reviewers, and members of the editorial board to improve the quality of publications,
- Conduct periodic internal evaluations of the quality of scientific journals
- Support the author's initiative regarding publication ethics by including a clearance form in each manuscript submission
- Open minded to new findings or opinions or other people's views that may conflict with personal opinions for the advancement of science,
- Avoid decisions that are objective in nature by not defending one's own opinion, the authors or third parties by seeking solutions that are scientifically justifiable,
- Encouraging writers to make improvements to their written work until it is worthy of publication.
Duties and Responsibilities of Reviewers
- Review the written work and submit the results of the review to the editor, as material for determining the feasibility of a written work for publication,
- Papers are reviewed in a timely manner according to the style of the publication environment based on established scientific principles (data collection methods, author legality, conclusions, etc.).
- Reviewing the written work that has been corrected according to predetermined standards,
- Maintain the author's privacy by not disseminating the results of corrections, suggestions, and recommendations for a manuscript,
- The reviewer does not carry out a scientific review of the written work that involves himself, either directly or indirectly,
- Provide suggestions, input and positive recommendations for scientific writing manuscripts,
- Encouraging writers to make improvements to writing,
Duties and Responsibilities of the Author
- Ensure that those included in the list of authors meet the criteria as authors,
- Take collective responsibility for the work and the contents of the article including methods, analysis, calculations and details.
- State the origin of resources (including funding), either directly or indirectly.
- Explain the limitations of the research.
- Respond to comments made by reviewers and editorial board in a professional, scientific and timely manner.
- Inform the editor in writing if they will withdraw their written work.
- Make a statement that the paper submitted for publication is original, and has never been published anywhere and in any language, and is not in the process of being submitted to another publisher.